Friday, April 9, 2010

Ladies and Gentleman, you may smoke!

Well, I may have made a small addition to King Edward VII's quote. This was stated after assuming the throne from Queen Victoria. She had banned smoking in the court during her reign. IMAGINE!

Actually, I can imagine. Smoking bans are a plague a cross our country. Instead of maintaining well ventilated smoking sections so that we can enjoy one of our God given rights, such sections are being removed. In some places, like college campuses, smoking is being banned on the grounds! We can't even smoke in open air anymore?? Are you kidding me?

We are all adults. We know the risks. We know the consequences. We know how therapeutic settling in with a favorite cigar and a Jim Beam Black and Diet Coke can be. However, it should absolutely be our priority to educate our children on the risks as well. In the end, as adults, it is our own choice, our own right, our own pleasure. And it is being threatened and taxed.

I won't stand for this.

Will you?

That's why I am here, to make a stand with all Cigar Aficionados.

But that is not the sole purpose of my blog. I am not here to stand on a soapbox (but I will from time to time). I want to share my experiences, reviews and hear from fellow brothers and sisters of the leaf. I want to help and be helped.

I always appreciate feedback. And I hope you enjoy mine.

Good night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment