Thursday, July 29, 2010

How Do I Palio?

How Do I Palio?



No V cutters. No Scissors. Occasional Punch. Always Palio. For over three years, a simple black Palio cutter has been my method of choice to snip the tip of almost every cigar that touches my lips.

As a new cigar smoker, I purchased the inexpensive cutters by the registers of my local B&Ms. I even had a punch on my keychain. But after awhile, they would all break or fall off my keychain. In January 2007, I made my first trip to Oklahoma to visit some good company. Due to flight regulations I was hesitant to pack my lighter and a cutter. So sitting on a leather couch at Maker’s in Bricktown, I had my first experience with a Palio. I loved it. I received one as a gift from someone very dear to me several months later. The only time I do not use that cutter is when I smoke a chisel and I will punch the top.





The Palio is truly the most durable, reliable cutter on the market. It has a double blade guillotine cut made from hardened surgical steel. The blades are very thin and provide a seamless cut. It is encased in state of the art polymers that make it comfortable to use. It also features “detent positioning” so it won’t open unless you do the opening. It even has a curvature on both sides so you can lay your Palio on the table and place your cigar in the curve, built in cigar rest!

Www.Paliocutters.com features 7 available styles. (I currently carry the ever so classy Original Composite.) The company also has a very generous warranty offering a replacement cutter at any retail store if you feel your cutters performance has been compromised. At $30-40 per cutter, with case included, this product is a fantastic deal.

I’m very confident in this company. The Palio cutter cuts with precision and ease and can withstand much abuse. I was once told of a conversation in a B&M where two cigar smokers were comparing their cutters, one had a Palio and the other, a competing brand. They went back and forth discussing the design and performance of their cutters and seemed to be at an impasse. All of a sudden, the Palio fan threw his cutter against the wall and it bounced off without a blemish. He turned to the other man and said “Now you do the same with your cutter.” The guy shook his head and put his cutter down.

I think that story says a lot about not only the performance of the cutter, but the confidence its consumers have in the product. I know I don’t just speak for myself when I say that the only cutter I will ever purchase is a Palio.

Simply Christine

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this post! There's nothing worse than ruining your cigar with a bad cutter.

    ReplyDelete